At the end of the day, on May 22nd, ICT Spring ended with an original initiative entitled the FinTech Fight Club co-organised between Farvest and the LHoFT. Animated by Guy Benzeno, this event gathered professionals from the FinTech Industry to take part in a boxing match and support two local charities.
The two main winners of this initiative were:
- The FFL (Fondation Follereau Luxembourg), an NGO-D which concentrates its activities on community health and help for children in distress in 9 different countries from the African continent. The contribution to the association permited to build a maternity in Benin.
- L’Ile aux Clowns, an asbl which has for primary objective to bring cheerfulness, joy and smiles to people facing, temporarily or not, hard living conditions. The clowns take action in hospital environments as well as in any other social and health establishment or structure. They are available for both children and seniors.
After an application call of 4 weeks, 12 fighters have been selected to follow a grueling 6 weeks training camp in three different gyms to get ready for their final encounter.
Mr Gaetano Mella of “les Gants d’Or”, Mr Roland Erpelding from Central Luxembourg Boxing club and Mr Leonardo Neves from Uplay, all assisted and supported the fighters on stage.
The judges were: Ms Crina Enita - the first and only woman judge of the Luxembourg Boxing Federation, Mr Majerus Camille - Vice-President of the Luxembourg Boxing Federation and Nasir Zubairi, CEO of the LHoFT.
Not to forget the timekeeper, Roberto Tiberi, and the international referee who was none other than Toni Tiberi.
- Alex Panican, “The Punisher”
- Kamel Amroune, “The Beast“
- Nicolas Sansonnet, “The Stallion”
- Turan Daglayan, "The Earthquaker"
- David Foy "The Digital Destroyer"
- David Furcajg "Dark Knight”
- Philip Grother “The Northern Viking”
- Christophe Bianco “The Cyber Hero”
- Gosia Kramer, “Legendary”
- Alice Danoy, “Million Dollar Baby”
- Bert Boerman “The Governor”
- Antony Martini, “The Rebellion”
So far, the event enabled to collect 2110€ and the fundraising continues on https://www.gofundme.com/fintech-fight-club-luxembourg !
A special congratulation to Sylvie Baijot who wins a pair of vintage boxing gloves thanks to the prize draw that was organised during the event.
Photo from the LHoFT photos report: https://www.facebook.com/pg/thelhoft/photos/?tab=album&album_id=439730506584065
Publié le 23 mai 2019